Accreditation helps health and social care professionals identify the most robustly produced guidance available, enabling them to deliver high quality care. Since 2009, we have accredited 61 guidance development processes.
The accreditation programme assesses the processes used to produce guidance and advice. This will, in turn, help raise standards in guidance production. Please continue to use the facilities on NICE Evidence Search to search for accredited guidance.Go to NICE Evidence Search
- To help health and social care professionals identify the most trusted sources of guidance developed using critically evaluated high quality processes
- To drive up the quality of information used by health and social care professionals in decision making
- To improve patient outcomes through providing robust evidence for NICE quality standards
- Increase the visibility of guidance and advice
- Attain accreditation for guidance making it eligible to be considered for the development of NICE quality standards
- Promote guideline development processes as being robust and transparent
- Use the NICE Accreditation Mark as an indication of high standard, good quality information
Guidance producers that meet our definition of guidance and advice, as detailed in the Accreditation process manual, may apply for accreditation.
Readiness to apply
Steps providing a brief summary of the NICE accreditation process for guidance producers.
BOSCH Healthcare achieved accreditation in July 2013 for the process used to produce the content in their web based tool.
Royal College of Physicians
Royal College of Physicians achieved accreditation in July 2013 for their concise guideline series (cgs): full methodology produced using the processes described in the Concise Guidelines Series: Guideline Development Methodology Handbook (18 March 2013). This is the third accredited process for Royal College of Physicians.
Frequently asked questions
Find the answers to the most common questions we receive about accreditation.
Accreditation tips and support
Organisations that have successfully been through the accreditation programme share their top tips to help you approach the application process successfully.