Surgical management of OME (CG60)
The advice in the NICE guideline covers:
- the surgical management of OME in children younger than 12 years
- guidance for managing OME in children with Down's syndrome and in children with all types of cleft palate.
It does not specifically look at the management of OME in:
- children with other syndromes (for example, craniofacial dysmorphism or polysaccharide storage disease)
- children with multiple complex needs.
- CG60 Surgical management of OME: NICE guideline (web format)
- CG60 Surgical management of OME: search strategies
- CG60 Surgical management of OME: excluded studies
- CG60 Surgical management of OME: evidence tables
- None found
This page was last updated: 13 February 2014
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- NICE Guideline (PDF)
- Full Guideline (PDF)
- CG60 Rheoli clust ludiog mewn plant drwy lawdriniaeth: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Following consultation with stakeholders this guideline has now been placed on the static list.
Next review date: TBC
Implementation tools and resources
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.