Metastatic spinal cord compression (CG75)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'metastatic spinal cord compression'
Metastatic spinal cord compression: diagnosis and management of adults at risk of and with metastatic spinal cord compression
The advice in the NICE guideline covers:
- adults who have, or are at risk of developing, metastatic spinal cord compression because they have cancer elsewhere in their body that has spread to their spine
It does not specifically look at:
- children, or adults whose cancer started in the spine or who have compression of the spinal cord that is not caused by cancer
- CG75 Metastatic spinal cord compression: evidence review
- CG75 Metastatic spinal cord compression: NICE guideline (web format)
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: metastatic spinal cord compression
This page was last updated: 11 October 2013
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- NICE Guideline (PDF)
- Full Guideline (PDF)
- CG75 Cywasgiad metastatig llinyn y cefn: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
- Audit support
- Costing report
- Costing template
- Slide set
- Metastatic spinal cord compression: local patient information template
- CG75 Metastatic spinal cord compression: online educational tool (BMJ Learning)
- Metastatic spinal cord compression: implementation advice
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.