The NICE clinical guideline on type 2 diabetes – footcare makes recommendations about:
- educating people with type 2 diabetes and carers about foot problems
- what is meant by being ‘at risk? of foot problems and how people at risk are identified
- prevention of foot problems
- detection of foot problems
- care for people with type 2 diabetes who have foot problems
The NICE guideline does not cover the care of people with foot problems who do not have type 2 diabetes, nor does it cover surgical procedures such as amputation or rehabilitation after amputation.