Anaemia management in people with chronic kidney disease (CG114)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'anaemia management in people with chronic kidney disease'
This guidance updates and replaces NICE clinical guideline 39 (published September 2006).
The advice in the NICE clinical guideline covers:
- detecting and diagnosing anaemia of chronic kidney disease
- managing anaemia of chronic kidney disease, and other health problems or treatments that may affect it.
It does not specifically look at:
- anaemia in people with chronic kidney disease, where the anaemia may be caused by other problems.
This is an update of advice on anaemia of chronic kidney disease that NICE produced in 2006.
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: anaemia management in people with chronic kidney disease
This page was last updated: 10 February 2014
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- NICE Guideline (PDF)
- Full Guideline (PDF)
- CG114 Trin anemia mewn pobl sydd â chlefyd cronig yn yr arennau: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Review decision date: December 2011
This guideline is currently being updated. Further information can be found on the Anaemia management in people with chronic kidney disease (update) page.
Implementation tools and resources
- Baseline assessment tool
- Costing report
- Costing template
- Implementation advice
- Slide set
- CG114 Anaemia management in people with chronic kidney disease: podcast
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.