Autism in children and young people (CG128)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'autism'
Specific, concise statements that act as markers of high-quality, cost-effective patient care
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: autism
- None found
This page was last updated: 21 January 2014
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- NICE Guideline (PDF)
- Full Guideline
- CG128 Canfod awtistiaeth mewn plant a phobl ifanc: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
- Baseline assessment tool
- Clinical audit tool
- Clinical case scenarios
- Costing statement
- Electronic audit tool
- Slide set
- Autism: Developing a multi-agency local autism team implementation pack
- CG128 Autism in children and young people: signs and symptoms tables
- The Social Care Institute of Excellence (SCIE) has also produced a range of resources for the care of people with autism.
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.