Nutrition support in adults (CG32)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'nutrition support in adults'
Specific, concise statements that act as markers of high-quality, cost-effective patient care
The NICE clinical guideline on nutrition support in adults covers the care of patients with malnutrition or at risk of malnutrition, whether they are in hospital or at home. It doesn't cover malnutrition or its treatments in detail.
Responsibility for undertaking a review of this guidance at the designated review date has passed to the National Clinical Guidelines Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions (NCGCACC). The National Collaborating Centre for Acute Care is no longer active.
- CG32 Nutrition support in adults: full guideline appendices
- CG32 Nutrition support in adults: NICE guideline (web format)
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
Visit the NICE Pathway: nutrition support in adults
This page was last updated: 09 May 2013
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
- Costing report
- Costing template
- CG32 Nutrition support in adults: e-learning resource on the use of the MUST nutritional screening tool
- QIPP case study: Oral nutritional supplement prescribing review: to reduce number of patients with malnutrition (10/0004)
- QIPP case study: Prevention and treatment of adult malnutrition: appropriate prescribing of oral nutritional supplements (11/0019)
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.