Review decision date: July 2011
Following the recent review recommendation, an update of this guideline is currently in the process of being scheduled into the work programme. Details of any update will be available on the guidelines in development webpage.
The NICE clinical guideline on Parkinson's disease covers:
- the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease and checking the diagnosis regularly
- the way people with Parkinson's disease should receive information
- the medicines that can be used
- other ways of helping with symptoms
- how to care for people whose mental health is affected
- the care people with Parkinson's disease should receive at the end of their life
Responsibility for undertaking a review of this guidance at the designated review date has passed to the National Clinical Guidelines Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions (NCGC-ACC) The National Collaborating Centre for Chronic Conditions is no longer active.