This guideline covers the diagnosis and management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
In December 2015, recommendations were added on hand exercise programmes.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- referral, diagnosis and investigations
- communication and education
- the multidisciplinary team
- pharmacological management
- timing and referral for surgery
- diet and complementary therapies.
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals and practitioners who care for adults with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Commissioners and providers of services for adults with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Adults with rheumatoid arthritis, and their families and carers.
This guideline was previously called rheumatoid arthritis: the management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
This guidance updates and replaces cox-II inhibitors for the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (TA27) and the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of anakinra for rheumatoid arthritis (TA72).
Next review date: to be confirmed