Review decision: November 2015
We checked this guideline and decided that it should be updated. For details, see the update decision, decision matrix and the process for deciding if an update is needed. Details of the update will be available on the guidelines in development webpage in due course. No further checks of this guideline will be scheduled until this update is published.
The advice in the NICE guideline covers the diagnosis, treatment and care of:
- adults (18 years and over) with a diagnosis of the condition known as 'chronic open angle glaucoma'
- adults with a diagnosis of ocular hypertension (raised eye pressure)
- adults who are at a high risk of developing glaucoma.
It does not specifically look at the treatment and care of:
- people under 18 years
- people with secondary glaucoma (glaucoma that is caused by other eye conditions, such as injury or inflammation)
- people with, or at risk of, types of glaucoma known as 'angle closure glaucoma (primary or secondary)' or acute glaucoma
- adults who have had glaucoma since birth or childhood.