Review decision date: February 2014
Following consultation with stakeholders this guideline has now been placed on the static list.
Next review date: TBC
The advice in this guideline covers the alerting features in children and young people (under 18 years) of:
- physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- fabricated or induced illness.
The guideline does not specifically look at:
- risk factors for child maltreatment
- the identification of child maltreatment and procedures for supporting the child or young person
- education and information for parents or children or young people
- training for healthcare professionals
- child protection procedures.
This guideline was previously called when to suspect child maltreatment.