The advice in this guideline covers the alerting features in children and young people (under 18 years) of:
- physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- fabricated or induced illness.
The guideline does not specifically look at:
- risk factors for child maltreatment
- the identification of child maltreatment and procedures for supporting the child or young person
- education and information for parents or children or young people
- training for healthcare professionals
- child protection procedures.