Review decision date: February 2014
Following consultation with stakeholders this guideline has now been placed on the static list.
Next review date: TBC
The advice in the NICE guideline covers:
- How milk banks should recruit, screen and support women who donate breast milk
- How milk banks should handle and process the breast milk they receive from donors.
It does not specifically look at:
- How donated breast milk is used after it leaves the milk bank
- The care and treatment of babies who receive donated breast milk
- How mothers should handle and store breast milk for their own babies.
This guideline was previously called donor milk banks: the operation of donor milk bank services.