Published interventional procedures
All completed interventional procedures guidance are listed below. For the documents and related material, click on the title in the list.
The list can be sorted by: guidance number (ref), title, date issued and arrangements - simply click on the relevant column heading in the blue box once or twice depending on the order that you want. The table includes an 'arrangements' column to help health professionals identify what additional measures should be put in place when implementing the guidance. The list of arrangements describes what each type means.
If you would like to be sent email updates about any Interventional Procedures, please register on the interventional alerts page.
NICE Interventional Procedures Guidance - Types of Arrangements
- Normal - apply normal consent, audit and clinical governance arrangements
- Special - notify clinical governance leads, ensure patients understand the uncertainties and audit and review clinical outcomes of all patients having the procedure
- Other (see guidance) - includes additional recommendations, for example, on training, service delivery or data collection
- Research only - use only in the context of a research protocol
- Do not use - the procedure should not be used in the National Health Service (NHS)
The NHS Classification service (NCS), is the authoritative source of clinical coding guidance. NCS has worked with NICE to assure accurate assignment of OPCS-4.6 codes for procedures covered by NICE guidance. These published interventional procedures and OPCS-4.6 codes are available in a single PDF report for reference.
Searching for a specific interventional procedure?
- You can find interventional procedures using the search box in the site header
- Search by topic or status Search for an interventional procedure
- Learn how to notify an interventional procedure to NICE
This page was last updated: 15 April 2014