Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Date issued:||June 2006|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Echocardiography:- What is the cost effectiveness of performing a routine echocardiographic examination in all newly diagnosed [Atrial fibrillation] (AF) patients, compared to only selective examination based on clinical criteria?
- Anticoagulation in paroxysmal [Atrial fibrillation] (AF):- What is the optimal anticoagulation strategy for those patients with paroxysmal AF who have infrequent paroxysms, and those who have more frequent paroxysms?
- Anticoagulation with antiplatelet therapy:- Is there any additional benefit, in terms of overall vascular events, from combined anticoagulation with antiplatelet therapy for any subgroups of patients with [Atrial fibrillation] (AF) such as those with
- Pill-in-the-pocket treatment:- What is the clinical and cost effectiveness of 'pill-in-the-pocket' treatment for those with paroxysmal [Atrial fibrillation] (AF) compared to hospital-based administration or continuous antiarrhythmic therapy?
- Cardioversion:- In patients scheduled for elective cardioversion, what is the optimal form of cardioversion, in terms of the precardioversion use of antiarrhythmic drugs, the mode of cardioversion (electrical or pharmacological), the cost effectivene
This page was last updated: 14 November 2013