Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Date issued:||July 2006|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Prophylaxis in children and adolescents.
- Treatments for patients in partial remission from depressive symptoms in bipolar disorder.
- Treatments for depression in bipolar disorder, and their risks
- Choice of prophylactic medication:- A randomised placebo-controlled trial should be undertaken to assess the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of adding an atypical antipsychotic to existing prophylactic medication (either lithium or valproate) in bipo
- Configuration of services:- A randomised controlled trial should be undertaken to compare the effectiveness of collaborative care for adolescents and adults with bipolar I or bipolar II disorder with treatment as usual in primary and secondary care.
This page was last updated: 19 December 2013