Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Date issued:||December 2006|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- What are the most effective interventions to prevent or manage obesity in children and adults in the UK?
- There is ‚?¶ a need to undertake arrangements for prospective audits of bariatric surgery, so that the outcomes and complications of different procedures, their‚?¶
- Population trends in overweight and obesity [need to be monitored]
- How does the effectiveness of interventions to prevent or manage obesity vary by population group, setting and source of delivery?
- What elements make an intervention [to prevent or manage obesity in children and adults] effective and sustainable, and what training do staff need?
- In clinical practice there is a need to set up a registry on the use of orlistat and sibutramine in young people
- What is the cost effectiveness of interventions to prevent or manage obesity in children and adults in the UK?
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014