Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Promoting physical activity for children and young people|
|Date issued:||January 2009|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Determine the most effective and cost-effective methods of increasing and sustaining different types of physical activity among specific groups of children...
- Future research should be conducted with greater rigour, improved study design, appropriate sample sizes, and valid and reliable measures of physical activity.
- Determine the most effective and cost-effective methods of increasing (and sustaining) the number and length of journeys children and young people take using...
- Develop valid, sensitive, and reliable tools to measure physical activity in children and young people. The tools should measure the amount and pattern of...
- Determine to what extent different types of physical activity displace others and the factors leading to sedentary behaviour over time.
This page was last updated: 14 November 2013