Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Irritable bowel syndrome|
|Date issued:||February 2008|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Psychological interventions:- Are the psychological interventions [cognitive behavioural therapy] (CBT), hypnotherapy and psychological therapy all equally effective‚?¶
- Herbal medicines:- Are Chinese and non-Chinese herbal medicines safe and effective as first-line therapy in the treatment of [Irritable bowel syndrome] (IBS), and‚?¶
- Relaxation and biofeedback:- What is the effect of relaxation and biofeedback therapies on [Irritable bowel syndrome] (IBS) symptoms and patient-related outcomes?
- Low-dose antidepressants:- Are low-dose [tricyclic antidepressants] (TCAs), [Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors] (SSRIs), and serotonin and norepinephrine‚?¶
- Refractory [Irritable bowel syndrome] (IBS):- What factors contribute to refractory IBS?
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014