Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Promoting physical activity in the workplace|
|Date issued:||May 2008|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Do employer schemes to encourage employees to walk or cycle to work increase the individual‚??s overall level of physical activity? For example, does an increase‚?¶
- How is the effectiveness of workplace physical activity interventions influenced by the size of the workplace and the type of occupations involved?
- How effective are incentive schemes at increasing workplace physical activity levels?
- To what extent do employers benefit from increased productivity and reduced sickness absence if their employees become more physically active?
- How is the effectiveness of workplace physical activity interventions influenced by the characteristics (for example, age, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic‚?¶
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014