Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Type 2 diabetes (partially updated by CG87)|
|Date issued:||May 2008|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Self-monitoring of plasma glucose:- Longer-term studies of the role of self-monitoring as part of an integrated package with patient education and therapies usedâ?¦
- Blood-pressure-lowering medications:- The use of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II-receptor antagonists in combination in early diabetic nephropathy.
- Diabetic neuropathic pain management:- Comparison studies on tricyclic drugs, duloxetine, gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Glucose control: oral glucose-lowering therapy:- Studies of the role of sulfonylureas when starting a pre-mixed insulin preparation.
- Glucose control: oral glucose-lowering therapy:- Metformin: confirmatory studies of the advantage in terms of cardiovascular outcome studies.
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014