Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Needle and syringe programmes|
|Date issued:||February 2009|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- What types of injecting and non-injecting equipment can effectively and cost effectively reduce the harm associated with injecting drug use?
- How effective and cost effective are [needle and syringe programmes] NSPs aimed at offenders who inject drugs? In addition: What are the barriers andâ?¦
- Do [needle and syringe programmes] NSPs increase drug-related litter, crime rates or the fear of crime in the local vicinity?
- How can [needle and syringe programmes] NSPs effectively and cost effectively encourage specific populations of people who inject drugs to use their services?
- Do [needle and syringe programmes] NSPs have an impact on the occurrence of overdose or the uptake, frequency and length of injecting drug use?
This page was last updated: 19 December 2013