Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Type 2 Diabetes - newer agents (partial update of CG66)|
|Date issued:||May 2009|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Diabetic neuropathic pain management:- Comparison studies on tricyclic drugs, duloxetine, gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Effectiveness of DPP-4 inhibitors:- Studies of the clinical and cost effectiveness of DPP-4 inhibitors in the long-term management of blood glucose.
- Glucose control: oral glucose-lowering therapy:- Metformin: confirmatory studies of the advantage in terms of cardiovascular outcome studies.
- Adherence with different complexities of treatment regimen:- Studies of how adherence varies with complexity of treatment regimen.
- Blood-pressure-lowering medications:- The use of [angiotensin-converting enzyme] (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin II-receptor antagonists in combination in‚?¶
- Glucose control: oral glucose-lowering therapy:- Studies of the role of sulfonylureas when starting a pre-mixed insulin preparation.
- Health-related quality of life:- Studies to investigate how the initiation and titration of long-acting insulin affects health-related quality of life,‚?¶
- Effectiveness and safety of GLP-1 mimetics:- Studies of the effectiveness and safety of GLP-1 mimetics (with and without insulin) in the long-term management of‚?¶
- Self-monitoring of plasma glucose:- Longer-term studies of the role of self-monitoring as part of an integrated package with patient education and therapies‚?¶
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014