Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Crohn's disease - infliximab (review) and adalimumab (review of TA40)|
|Date issued:||May 2010|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Health-related quality-of-life information about people with Crohn‚??s disease should be collected.
- Randomised controlled trials should be carried out that directly compare infliximab and adalimumab.
- A register should be set up to monitor people who receive tumour necrosis factors (TNF) inhibitors for the treatment of Crohn‚??s disease in order to obtain data on‚?¶
- Clinically meaningful instruments should be developed to help identify patients for whom treatment with infliximab and adalimumab would be suitable.
- Trials of continuous treatment with adalimumab should be carried out exploring less-frequent dosing regimens.
- Trials should be carried out of continuous treatment with infliximab and adalimumab that are designed to allow a true, unbiased comparison with standard care.
- Data should be collected on the effect of tumour necrosis factors (TNF) inhibitors on the natural history of Crohn‚??s disease, particularly the effect on relapse‚?¶
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014