Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Prevention of cardiovascular disease|
|Date issued:||June 2010|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Could ‚??natural‚?? experiments aid understanding of the impact that ‚??upstream‚?? factors such as the social, economic and physical environment have on the incidence‚?¶
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) prevention aimed at individuals tends to widen health inequalities. Is there any effective way to ameliorate this? Conversely, is‚?¶
- What effect would a regular daily intake of 2.5 g of stanols or sterols have on the incidence of cardiac and stroke events? How can we best evaluate stanols in‚?¶
- How do inequalities contribute to the consumption of trans fats, poly-unsaturated and mono-unsaturated fats, fresh fruit and vegetables and stanols?
- What impact would food taxes and subsidies, particularly in relation to salt, saturated fats and fruit and vegetable consumption, have on cardiovascular disease‚?¶
- What has been the impact of marketing bans on foods high in fat, sugar or salt in Norway, Sweden, Romania and Quebec? What lessons can the UK learn?
This page was last updated: 10 March 2014