Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Alcohol dependence and harmful alcohol use|
|Date issued:||February 2011|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- For which service users who are moderately and severely dependent on alcohol is an assertive community treatment model a clinically and cost-effective intervention
- What methods are most effective for assessing and diagnosing the presence and severity of alcohol misuse in children and young people?
- Is contingency management effective in reducing alcohol consumption in people who misuse alcohol compared with standard care?
- For people with moderate and severe alcohol dependence who have significant comorbid problems, is an intensive residential rehabilitation programme clinically and
- Is acupuncture effective in reducing alcohol consumption compared with standard care?
- For people with alcohol dependence, which medication is most likely to improve adherence and thereby promote abstinence and prevent relapse?
This page was last updated: 20 March 2014