Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance:||Smokeless tobacco cessation - South Asian communities|
|Date issued:||September 2012|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- What are the similarities and differences between smokeless tobacco and smoked tobacco in terms of chemical content and the harm that it can cause?
- What components of an intervention or which general approaches work best in attracting people of South Asian origin to smokeless tobacco cessation
- How strong are the cultural motivations (stemming from religion, tradition, media, and advertising) to use smokeless tobacco among people of South
- Are there unintended consequences from encouraging people of South Asian origin to stop using smokeless tobacco (for example, do they experience...
- How effective and cost effective are the following in terms of long-term (12 month) quit rates, and also for NHS standard, short-term quit rates
- What is the natural progression of disease for South Asian users of smokeless tobacco (for example, how prevalent is oropharyngeal cancer and...
- How prevalent is smokeless tobacco use among South Asian women who are pregnant and why? Is there a particular stage during pregnancy when smokeless
This page was last updated: 14 November 2013