NICE Support for commissioning - supporting quality improvement and service redesign
NICE Support for commissioning helps commissioners to work with, clinicians and managers to commission high-quality evidence-based care. Commissioning care in line with NICE quality standards and guidance should enable commissioners to be confident that the services they are commissioning are cost-effective and focussed on driving up quality.
Commissioning high quality, cost effective and value based care should improve health and social care outcomes. When planning for health improvement and the associated health outcomes or for comparative information for patients and the public about the quality of health services commissioned by clinical commissioning groups, commissioners should refer to the clinical commissioning group outcome indicator set.
NICE Support for commissioning are web-based resources supporting quality improvement and service redesign. Support for commissioning also signposts to other implementation support tools to assist with quality improvement and provides information on key clinical, cost and service-related issues to consider during the commissioning process. Each Commissioning Support contains a commissioning and benchmarking tool, which is a resource that can be used to estimate and inform the level of service needed locally as well as the cost of local commissioning decisions.
The NICE Commissioning resources page signposts to NICE products of value to commissioners, including NICE Pathways, Referral advice, Cost savings, NICE ‘do not do' recommendations database, Social Value Judgements and the NICE field team.
NICE Support for commissioning accompany NICE quality standards and are available on the home page for each published quality standard.
- Anticoagulation therapy
- Commissioning cardiac rehabilitation services
- Integrated commissioning for the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Services for people with chronic heart failure
Central nervous system
- NICE support for commissioning dementia care
- Services for the diagnosis and management of the epilepsies in adults, children and young people
End of life care
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic
Gynaecology, pregnancy and birth
Mental health and behavioural conditions
- Alcohol services
- Commissioning stepped care for people with common mental health disorders
- Depression in children and young people
- Biologic drugs for the treatment of inflammatory disease in rheumatology, dermatology and gastroenterology
- Management of hip fracture in adults
- Rheumatoid arthritis
This page was last updated: 04 April 2014