Summary of NICE guidance which may be useful to inform the provision of annual reviews for people with rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is associated with a range of comorbidities, including increased risk of cardiovascular disease, infection and osteoporosis. In addition, people with RA often experience feelings of isolation and depression.
The following NICE guidance may support the delivery of annual reviews for people with RA:
- NICE CG67 on lipid modification
- NICE CG34 on hypertension
- NICE public health guidance PH1 on brief interventions and referral for smoking cessation
- NICE TA160 on osteoporosis: primary prevention
- NICE CG90 on depression in adults provides further guidance on case identification and interventions for depression, including being alert to possible depression in people with a chronic physical health problem with associated functional impairment.
This page was last updated: 02 March 2012