Urinary continence service for the conservative management of urinary incontinence in women
- Urinary continence service for the conservative management of urinary incontinence in women commissioning guide (PDF format)
This commissioning guide provides support for the local implementation of NICE clinical guidelines through commissioning, and is a resource to help health professionals in England to commission an effective service for the conservative management of urinary incontinence in women.
This commissioning guide should be read in conjunction with the following NICE guidance:
The clinical guideline covers clinical and cost effectiveness in detail and underpins the content of this guide.
Although urinary incontinence affects predominantly women, commissioners may wish to consider the needs of their whole population, especially older people (including those living in nursing homes), when commissioning urinary continence services.
- makes the case for commissioning a urinary continence service
- specifies service requirements
- helps you determine local service levels
- helps you ensure corporate and quality assurance.
The full text of this commissioning guide can be downloaded or accessed from the navigation menu on the right hand side of the screen. Download the openly available commissioning and benchmarking tool, there is no need to register.
We are keen to improve the commissioning guides in order to better meet the needs of commissioners. Please send us your ideas for future topic-specific guides or other comments.
Read the NICE disclaimer for information on the use and accuracy of content on the NICE website.
Published January 2008
This page was last updated: 02 March 2012
- Urinary continence service
- Commissioning a urinary continence service
- Specifying a urinary continence service
- Determining local service levels for a urinary continence service for the conservative management of urinary incontinence in women
- Assumptions used in estimating a population benchmark
- The commissioning and benchmarking tool
- Ensuring corporate and quality assurance