A-Z of patient, carer and public stakeholders
DebRA supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - a genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, is fatal in infancy. DebRA provides a team of nurses and social care staff to work with families affected by EB and commissions world-leading research into the condition.
- Dementia Care and Help
Helping you deal with dementia and stroke care. News, information and discussions on dementia care in the community.
- Depression Alliance
We are the leading national charity for people with depression. We work to relieve and prevent this treatable condition by providing support and understanding to those who are affected by it. We also campaign to raise awareness amongst the general public about the realities of depression.
- Depression Alliance Scotland
Depression Alliance Scotland is the only Scottish organisation working with and for people affected by depression. We are a user-led organisation commited to providing support, raising awareness of depression and treatment options and reducing the stigma that still surrounds the condition.
- Diabetes UK
Diabetes UK is the charity for people with diabetes, their family, friends and carers. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with the condition and work towards a future without diabetes.
- Different Strokes
Different Strokes helps stroke survivors of working age to optimise their recovery, take control of their own lives and regain as much independence as possible by offering 'rehabilitative services', information and advice.
- Disabled Motorists Federation (DMF)
Striving for social inclusion, equality and diversity and helping to improve lifestyles and wellbeing of disabled people and individuals with long-term medical conditions. The DMF also offers advice and assistance to carers of disabled people.
Drinkaware aims to change the UK's drinking habits for the better. We promote responsible drinking and find innovative ways to challenge the national drinking culture to help reduce alcohol misuse and minimise alcohol-related harm.
- Drug and Alcohol Action Programme Ltd (DAAP)
Drug and Alcohol Action Programme Ltd. works to advance the education of all sections of the community about aspects of substance misuse and related issues. In particular we work towards eradicating addiction by and through education; by developing and managing culturally appropriate programmes and treatment services and by conducting appropriate research on addictive behaviour. DAAP seeks to represent the views and concerns of individuals and communities affected by substance misuse.
- Drug Education Forum
- The Drug Education Forum brings together a range of national organisations from health, education, police and voluntary sectors that deliver or support the delivery of drug education. The Forum promotes the provision of effective drug education for all children and young people.
- DrugScope UK
- DrugScope is the UK's leading independent centre of expertise on drugs: They aim is inform policy development and reduce drug-related risk.
- DTI Home Safety Network
The Home Safety Network is winding down and will close in the Spring of 2006. Some of its resources will continue to be available on the DTI web site. The main reasons the HSN is closing are:
- DTI is now focussing on policy areas and law making,
- other organisations such as RoSPA and Help the Aged do much the same thing (i.e. raise awareness of safety issues) and other Departments and agencies are active in some of these areas.