A-Z of patient, carer and public stakeholders
- Haemophilia Society
The Haemophilia Society aims to ensure that people affected by bleeding disorders have the freedom to make choices and seize opportunities. The Society works with people with bleeding disorders and their families to provide information, support services and to campaign to secure the best possible treatment and care.
- Headway - The Brain Injury Association
Headway is the national charity that works to improve life after brain injury while campaigning to reduce its prevalence in society. Through its network of groups and branches across the UK, along with its national helpline and information library, Headway offers help and support to anyone affected by brain injury.
- Health and Social Care Information Centre
- The Health and Social Care Information Centre works to co-ordinate and streamline the collection and sharing of data about health and adult social care. We are providing an important service to front line healthcare staff, by reducing the time they spend on data collection - allowing them more time to concentrate on providing care to patients. To improve accessibility we will be a focus for everyone who needs information, including patients, clinicians and regulators such as Monitor and the Health Commission.
- Hepatitis C Trust
The Hepatitis C Trust is the national charity for those affected by hepatitis C, offering information, support and representation. It is entirely staffed and run by people with hepatitis C.
- Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline
To provide a 24 hour helpline and information service for anyone concerned about their increased risk of breast cancer. Can also put people in touch with each other when facing similar dilemmas. Has a useful website with fact sheet, and photographs of various surgical outcomes.
- Herpes Viruses Association (HVA or SPHERE)
We are a source of advice and information on herpes viruses, including herpes simplex (genital herpes, cold sores), shingles (herpes zoster) - provided via helpline, email answers, talks, leaflets distributed through health promotion/GUM departments/GP surgeries. Our website gets 350,000 visitors annually. We assist media with the facts and case histories.
- Hyperhidrosis Support Group
The Hyperhidrosis Supprt Group provides imaprtial information and advsise for those who suffer from Hyperhidrosis.
It is run by volunteers and also gives advice and support for medical staff.
- Hysterectomy Association, The (THA)
The Hysterectomy provides impartial information and support to women who are thinking of having, or have had a hysterectomy that enables them to make informed choices for their future health and wellbeing.