A-Z of patient, carer and public stakeholders
- National Addiction Centre
The National Addiction Centre was established in 1991 to bring together and network the skills of scientists and clinicians working on many aspects of addiction.
- National AIDS Trust (NAT)
NAT is the UK's leading charity dedicated to transforming society's response to HIV. We provide fresh thinking, expert advice and practical resources. We campaign for change.
- National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society (NASS)
NASS is the only charity for patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in the UK. It provides advice, support and information as well as running around 100 local branches providing supervised exercise and supporting research into the disease.
- National Association for Colitis & Crohn's Disease (NACC)
The National Association for Colitis & Crohn's Disease (NACC) provided support and information for patients and families living with these conditions, campaigns for better health services for IBD and raises funds for research.
- National Back Pain Association - BackCare
A national charity that helps people manage and prevent back pain by providing information and support, promoting self help, encouraging debate and funding research into better back care. Activities include operation of a telephone helpline 0845 1302704 and publication of books, leaflets and a magazine covering topical back pain issues.
- National Childbirth Trust (NCT)
The NCT offers information and support in order to give every parent the chance to make informed choices and wants to ensure universal access to our services and activities. We also campaign vigorously to improve maternity care and ensure better services and facilities for new parents.
- National Children's Bureau Sex Education Forum (NCB)
The national authority on sex and relationships education (SRE), the Forum believes that good quality SRE is an entitlement for all children and young people and is working with its 48 members - religious, children, parents, governors, health and education organisations - to ensure this.
- National Cochlear Implant Users Association (NCIUA)
The NCIUA mission is to offer help to everyone who might benefit from a cochlear implant; to campaign for them to have the opportunity to do so;
and to represent the ongoing interests of cochlear implant users.
- National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS)
NDCS is the leading charity dedicated to creating a world without barriers for deaf children and young people.
NDCS helps deaf children achieve their full potential by providing impartial practical and emotional support to them and their families, and by challenging governments and society to meet their needs.
- National Eczema Society (NES)
The National Eczema Society is dedicated to helping people whose lives are affected by eczema. We offer practical advice and help, including a freephone helpline - 0800 0891122. The Society also campaigns to increase public awareness and understanding of eczema and organises training for healthcare professionals.
- National Heart Forum (NHF)
The National Heart Forum (NHF) is a leading alliance of over 40 national organisations working to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in the UK.
- National Kidney Federation (NKF)
The NKF is the only national charity in the United Kingdom Run by Kidney Patients for Kidney Patients.
The Federation's aim throughout the UK is to promote both the best renal medical practice and treatment, and the health of persons suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease or Established Renal Failure (ERF).
- National Obesity Forum
The National Obesity Forum seeks action on the growing impact of obesity and overweight on patients and the NHS. With the increasing burden of type two diabetes, heart disease and lowered life expectancy, a sharper focus is needed on prevention and obesity management within primary care and the wider socio-economic settings.
- National PALS Network (NPN) (PALS)
National PALS Network is a registered charity and a not-for-profit company that brings together the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) of the NHS. It aims to ensure that people have ready access to high quality PALS. Working together, and with the support of others, NPN strives to:
- Empower and support colleagues throughout the service to deliver high quality, accessible and consistent services for patients, carers and the public.
- Raise the profile of PALS and promote the service effectively.
- Act as a focal point for stakeholder involvement and a national voice for PALS.
- Provide leadership and influence policy and public debate.
- National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
The National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA) is a Special Health Authority created to co-ordinate the efforts of all those involved in healthcare, and more importantly to learn from, patient safety incidents occurring in the NHS.
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS)
'A better life for people affected by rheumatoid arthritis'
- National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse
- The National Treatment Agency aims to increase the availability, capacity and effectiveness of treatment for drug misuse in England.
- NCB Research Centre - National Children's Bureau
NCB Research Centre undertakes high quality research to inform policy and practice for children and families. Our research areas include early years; social care; education, health and well-being and disability and Special Educational Needs. A key theme of our work is the involvement of children and young people in research.
- NET Patient Foundation
Help and Support for Patients and Families affected by Neuroendocrine Tumours.
- No Smoking Day
- No Smoking Day (NSD) is organised by a charity of the same name run by three full time staff. Based in London the charity is funded by a coalition of governmental and voluntary sector organisations with an interest in health.