What are NICE Pathways?
NICE Pathways offer an easy-to-use, intuitive way of accessing a range of clinical, public health and social care information from NICE. They include up to date NICE guidance, quality standards and related information.
NICE Pathways are a key resource for users of NICE guidance as they allow users to navigate the breadth and depth of NICE recommendations on any subject through interactive topic-based diagrams.
NICE Pathways visually represent all of NICE's recommendations on a topic, linking to other relevant topics to create a network of information. Because they bring together guidance and supporting information on the topic from all of our work programmes, users do not need to understand how NICE classifies different types of guidance to be able to see everything we have said about a particular topic.
NICE Pathways are for people who use NICE guidance. This includes health and social care professionals, public health experts, those who commission or provide health and social care services, employers and members of the public.
NICE Pathways are a useful tool for professionals at any career stage, from learning and training to continuing professional development and keeping up to date.
What do NICE Pathways cover?
NICE Pathways visually represent all of NICE's recommendations on a topic, and give access to the products that NICE has produced to support implementation of its guidance.
NICE products you'll find in NICE Pathways include:
- clinical, public health, social care, safe staffing and medicines practice guidelines
- technology appraisals, interventional procedures, medical technology, diagnostics and highly specialised technologies guidance
- quality standards
- accompanying tools produced by NICE to support implementation.
What isn't included in NICE Pathways?
NICE products that are not routinely included in NICE Pathways include:
- indicators such as the Clinical Commissioning Group Outcome Indicators Set (CCGOIS) and the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF)
- newsletters and similar products
- content from the British National Formulary or the British National Formulary for Children
- products in development (such as versions of guidance out for consultation).
NICE Pathways do not include products produced by other organisations, except for links to external sources referenced to in guidance recommendations.