We take part in a number of health and social care exhibitions and conferences throughout the year. Each event gives us the chance to meet frontline users of NICE guidance and standards face-to-face, to talk to our key audiences about what we do, and to take on board valued feedback on our work programmes.
These are the events that NICE will be attending in the forthcoming months. If you’re planning to attend any of these events please visit our stand and find out more about what we do and how you can get involved.
15-16 October 2019, London
NICE is exhibiting at Community Care Live London at the BDC London. Visit the NICE stand to find out more about our social care guidance and support tools.
24-26 October 2019, Liverpool
We're exhibiting at the RCGP Annual Conference at the ACC, Liverpool. Visit the NICE stand the learn more about our guidance and support tools.
20-22 November 2019, Bournemouth
We're exhibiting at the NCAS Annual Conference at the Bournemouth International Centre. Visit the NICE stand to find out more about our social care guidance and support tools.
Upcoming speaking engagements
17 October 2019, London
Nick Crabb, programme director for Science, Advice and Research, will be presenting at the 3rd Annual Gene Therapy for Rare Disorders Europe.
24 October 2019, London
Jeanette Kusel, director for Science, Advice and Research will be discussing how to access the value of medicine for NASH.
30 October 2019, Switzerland
Jeanette Kusel, director for Science, Advice and Research will be speaking on pricing and reimbursement perspective
Request a speaker
Complete a speaker request form and return it to email@example.com.
We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
Requesting a speaker from NICE
As a high profile national organisation, NICE gets a lot of request for speakers. We try our best to fulfil all these requests but due to pressure on staff time we do sometimes have to prioritise. In order to maximise the chance of us being able to help you and to deal with your request promptly, please bear in mind the following points when requesting a speaker.
What you can expect from us
- We will acknowledge your request for a speaker within 7 days, confirming whether or not we are in principle able to fulfil the request and giving an indication of who the speaker for your event is likely to be.
- We will confirm the exact speaker as soon as we are able to, however it is not always possible to do this until a few weeks before the date of the engagement.
- We will do our best to deal with requests for a speaker at short notice (within a month of the date of request) however this is not always possible.
- We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
What we expect from you
- Speaking engagements are coordinated by NICE's External Communications team so please make your initial request by filling in the speakers request form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not make multiple approaches for a speaker to different people at NICE as this can cause confusion and duplication of effort.
- If you need to talk to someone urgently to see how your request is progressing please call Louise Tempia, External Communications Executive, on 020 7045 2175.
- Please try to give us as much notice as possible for when you require a speaker. 2 - 3 months advance notice is ideal.
- Please make it clear if you would like a specific member of the NICE team to speak (for example, our Chairman or Chief Executive) or if you would like someone with particular expertise (for example, a health economist) but be prepared to be flexible, as your first choice may not always be available.
- Please give us as much information as possible as you can about the type of event you are hosting including the purpose of the event, date, time and audience numbers as this helps us find the most appropriate speaker for you.
- We normally expect non-NHS bodies to meet speaker's travel and accommodation costs.
- Please apply to the communications team at NICE for permission if you would like to publish presentations given by NICE staff on your website or in a conference programme, as the material may be subject to copyright.
- Please do send any feedback on the speaker to email@example.com as this helps improve the service for other users. You may submit any feedback in confidence if you wish.