We take part in a number of health and social care exhibitions and conferences throughout the year. Each event gives us the chance to meet frontline users of NICE guidance and standards face-to-face, to talk to our key audiences about what we do, and to take on board valued feedback on our work programmes.
These are the events that NICE will be attending in the forthcoming months. If you are planning to attend any of these events why not visit our stand and find out more about what we do and how you can get involved.
With the NHS’s 70th birthday this year, Expo will be celebrating the achievements of one of the nation’s most loved institutions. The conference will appreciate the vital role the service plays in our lives, and will recognise and thank the extraordinary NHS staff.
Visit the NICE stand to find out more about how we work with the NHS in improving healthcare and lives.
Over 1,500 people will be brought together at Public Health England's Annual Conference. Attendees will come from organisations that contribute to improving the health of the public, as well as those that promote science and evidence.
Visit the NICE stand to find out more about our public health guidelines and the work we do to improve the health of the public.
This event is an exciting opportunity for all those who work with guidelines in health and care, from development and methodology through to implementation and evaluation, to come together.
G-I-N is delighted to be working with two founder members this year – the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
Visit our stand to find out how we develop and implement our guidelines.
Upcoming speaking engagements
Our specialist committee member, Professor Cameron Swift, will be opening the conference in the Chair's welcome.
Associate Director of the Cancer Drugs Fund, Linda Landells, will be speaking about the progress of the new Cancer Drugs Fund and achieving better value at this Westminster Health Forum Event.
Request a speaker
Complete a speaker request form and return it to email@example.com.
We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
Requesting a speaker from NICE
As a high profile national organisation, NICE gets a lot of request for speakers. We try our best to fulfil all these requests but due to pressure on staff time we do sometimes have to prioritise. In order to maximise the chance of us being able to help you and to deal with your request promptly, please bear in mind the following points when requesting a speaker.
What you can expect from us
- We will acknowledge your request for a speaker within 7 days, confirming whether or not we are in principle able to fulfil the request and giving an indication of who the speaker for your event is likely to be.
- We will confirm the exact speaker as soon as we are able to, however it is not always possible to do this until a few weeks before the date of the engagement.
- We will do our best to deal with requests for a speaker at short notice (within a month of the date of request) however this is not always possible.
- We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
What we expect from you
- Speaking engagements are coordinated by NICE's External Communications team so please make your initial request by filling in the speakers request form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not make multiple approaches for a speaker to different people at NICE as this can cause confusion and duplication of effort.
- If you need to talk to someone urgently to see how your request is progressing please call Louise Tempia, External Communications Executive, on 020 7045 2175.
- Please try to give us as much notice as possible for when you require a speaker. 2 - 3 months advance notice is ideal.
- Please make it clear if you would like a specific member of the NICE team to speak (for example, our Chairman or Chief Executive) or if you would like someone with particular expertise (for example, a health economist) but be prepared to be flexible, as your first choice may not always be available.
- Please give us as much information as possible as you can about the type of event you are hosting including the purpose of the event, date, time and audience numbers as this helps us find the most appropriate speaker for you.
- We normally expect non-NHS bodies to meet speaker's travel and accommodation costs.
- Please apply to the communications team at NICE for permission if you would like to publish presentations given by NICE staff on your website or in a conference programme, as the material may be subject to copyright.
- Please do send any feedback on the speaker to email@example.com as this helps improve the service for other users. You may submit any feedback in confidence if you wish.