NICE Annual Conference 2019
9 May 2019, Hilton Manchester Deansgate
NICE 2019: Transforming care celebrates 20 years of NICE’s commitment to innovation, excellence and evidence-based health and care.
NICE 2019 packs 12 hours of content into just one day.
- Learn about changes ahead for the way NICE produces and presents its recommendations: make sure you are up-to-speed with plans to make our products more accessible and user-friendly.
- Find out how NICE is working with industry improve access to innovation in the NHS, and how we propose to manage the growing pipeline of future healthtech products.
- Come along to our Shared Learning Awards and poster zone to discover how health and care professionals are successfully using NICE standards and guidance across the country. Take hints and tips back to your organisation.
We're offering a limited number of bursary places at the conference for national patients, carers, service users, voluntary organisations and Healthwatches.
Please note: the 2019 bursary scheme is open until Friday 25 January 2019.
Interesting to see the breadth, depth and quality of NICE work brought to life in one day, through a broad range of speakers with different expertise.Clinical programme lead, NHS England, Conference 2018 delegate
We take part in a number of health and social care exhibitions and conferences throughout the year. Each event gives us the chance to meet frontline users of NICE guidance and standards face-to-face, to talk to our key audiences about what we do, and to take on board valued feedback on our work programmes.
Upcoming speaking engagements
24 January 2019, London
Professor Kevin Harris, Programme Director and Clinical Advisor for the Interventional Procedures Programme at NICE, will be speaking on next steps for improving respiratory care and lung health in England.
6 February 2019
Deputy Chief Exec Gill Leng will be discussing improving healthcare through evidence based guidance at the event by IPC2019 Gov Connect.
Request a speaker
Complete a speaker request form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
Requesting a speaker from NICE
As a high profile national organisation, NICE gets a lot of request for speakers. We try our best to fulfil all these requests but due to pressure on staff time we do sometimes have to prioritise. In order to maximise the chance of us being able to help you and to deal with your request promptly, please bear in mind the following points when requesting a speaker.
What you can expect from us
- We will acknowledge your request for a speaker within 7 days, confirming whether or not we are in principle able to fulfil the request and giving an indication of who the speaker for your event is likely to be.
- We will confirm the exact speaker as soon as we are able to, however it is not always possible to do this until a few weeks before the date of the engagement.
- We will do our best to deal with requests for a speaker at short notice (within a month of the date of request) however this is not always possible.
- We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
What we expect from you
- Speaking engagements are coordinated by NICE's External Communications team so please make your initial request by filling in the speakers request form and emailing it to email@example.com Please do not make multiple approaches for a speaker to different people at NICE as this can cause confusion and duplication of effort.
- If you need to talk to someone urgently to see how your request is progressing please call Louise Tempia, External Communications Executive, on 020 7045 2175.
- Please try to give us as much notice as possible for when you require a speaker. 2 - 3 months advance notice is ideal.
- Please make it clear if you would like a specific member of the NICE team to speak (for example, our Chairman or Chief Executive) or if you would like someone with particular expertise (for example, a health economist) but be prepared to be flexible, as your first choice may not always be available.
- Please give us as much information as possible as you can about the type of event you are hosting including the purpose of the event, date, time and audience numbers as this helps us find the most appropriate speaker for you.
- We normally expect non-NHS bodies to meet speaker's travel and accommodation costs.
- Please apply to the communications team at NICE for permission if you would like to publish presentations given by NICE staff on your website or in a conference programme, as the material may be subject to copyright.
- Please do send any feedback on the speaker to firstname.lastname@example.org as this helps improve the service for other users. You may submit any feedback in confidence if you wish.