Associates help us to support high quality, safe, cost-effective prescribing and medicines optimisation.
Connect with our community of practice for help:
- Reducing unwarranted variation in prescribing.
- Managing your formulary to include national guidance as quickly as possible.
- Keeping up to date with our latest information.
A network to support medicines optimisation
Our associates are professionals working at the forefront of excellence across the UK. They work with us to create a national community of practice for medicines optimisation.
Associates support people and organisations in their local area, acting as a link between health and care services and NICE. They support your medicines optimisation work and give you the chance to influence the work we do.
Tackle the challenges of medicines optimisation
Moving from medicines management to the wider remit of medicines optimisation brings new challenges. Our associates and wider community will give you access to the expertise, tools and support you need to face these challenges.
Get help to:
- Optimise the choice of medicines for individual patients in complex settings.
- Improve engagement with patients, the public and other health and social care practitioners.
- Understand and use the concept of shared decision making when consulting with patients.
- Reduce medication errors and inappropriate polypharmacy.
- Support the uptake of innovative new medicines.
About our associates
We train and support over 90 clinicians involved in medicines optimisation across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
Associates work on medicines optimisation within their organisation and across their local health economy. They are drawn from a range of organisations and professions including pharmacists, nurses and doctors. Associates work together to develop and disseminate ideas and examples of good practice. They support a wider network of professionals involved in medicines optimisation in their local areas.
Associates are not employed by us but have a memorandum of understanding with us.
To find out more contact our medicines implementation consultant for your area:
- North of England and Northern Ireland: Angela Parkin.
- Midlands and East of England, and Wales: Gill Eddy.
- London: Michelle Liddy.
- South of England and Channel Islands: Kym Lowder.
or get in touch by email: AdminTeam@nice.org.uk