We're working with NHS England to identify and assess digitally enabled therapies that:
- follow NICE recommendations
- address a condition currently managed by the IAPT programme.
Are you the developer of a product suitable for the programme?
Have you developed a digital technology suitable for people with anxiety disorders and depression? Let us know.
What is IAPT?
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services provide evidence-based psychological therapies to people with anxiety disorders and depression.
We will assess digitally enabled therapies for anxiety, depression and medically unexplained symptoms which offer the potential to expand these services further.
What is digitally enabled therapy?
Therapy content delivered online or through mobile applications which
What are we looking for?
Digital treatments that meet the following criteria:
How do we assess the treatments?
The assessment will include:
- digital standards assessment using IAB technical questionnaire
- cost and resource impact.
The assessment outcome will be presented in an IAPT assessment briefing (IAB) to a panel of experts with clinical mental health, health economic and data analysis backgrounds. There will also be service user representation. They will use the IAB to make one of three recommendations:
- can be routed to testing in practice in IAPT services
- should not be routed to testing in practice
- needs further development.
Evaluating in practice
If your product is assessed as needing further development, you may be eligible to apply for funding to complete this work. NHS England will lead on the evaluating in practice and further development projects.
Data on the performance of digitally enabled therapies evaluated in practice will be collected. The expert panel will use this to evaluate performance. The panel will decide if the technology should be available to all IAPT services, or if further development or evaluation is required. They decide based on performance, cost and technical features of the product.
We welcome submissions from developers who want their products assessed for the programme. Contact the team at email@example.com.
- Common mental health problems: identification and pathways to care (CG123)
- Depression in adults: recognition and management (CG90)
- Depression in adults with a chronic physical health problem: recognition and management (CG91)
- Generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder in adults: management (CG113)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder and body dysmorphic disorder: treatment (CG31)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: management (CG26)
- Social anxiety disorder: recognition, assessment and treatment (CG159)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (or encephalopathy): diagnosis and management (CG53)
- Irritable bowel syndrome in adults: diagnosis and management (CG61)
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance (CG192)