A stage-by-stage outline of the process we use to develop interventional procedures guidance.
- Understand the key stages in the development process.
- See how long it takes to develop our guidance.
- In-depth information on the development process in the process guides.
Who makes decisions
- who's on the committee
- details of past meetings
- forthcoming meetings
- how to attend a committee meeting.
External Assessment Centres
We may decide to refer a procedure to an External Assessment Centre for a systematic review. This might happen if:
- the evidence base is too large to prepare in the format of a standard overview
- the procedure could cause serious adverse events and the evidence needs a complex statistical analysis to enable the IPAC to make a decision
- the procedure has more than 1 indication or involves more than 1 technique.