Listed below are the Technology Appraisal block scoping reports which have been submitted to the Department of Health.
These reports summarise the results of
Please note that any 'commercial in confidence' information has been removed.
If you have any questions about this page please email Michelle Adhemar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Batch 64 block scoping report
Batch 64 topics
- Nintedanib for treating systemic sclerosis associated with interstitial lung disease.
- Galcanezumab for preventing episodic cluster headache.
- Siponimod for treating secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Crisaborole for treating mild to moderate atopic dermatitis in people aged 2 years and older.
- Solriamfetol for treating excessive sleepiness caused by narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Ustekinumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis.
- Ticagrelor for preventing cardiovascular events in people with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease.
- Semaglutide for treating type 2 diabetes.
- Dulaglutide for treating type 2 diabetes.
Batch 63 block scoping report
Batch 63 topics
- Anakinra for treating Still’s disease.
- Lumacaftor with ivacaftor for treating cystic fibrosis in children aged 2 to 11 years old homozygous for the F508del mutation.
- Liraglutide for managing overweight and obesity.
- Pitolisant hydrochloride for treating excessive daytime sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Upadacitinib for treating moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
- Lenadogene nolparvovec for treating Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy.
Batch 62 block scoping report
Batch 62 topics
- Emapalumab for treating primary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in children and young people.
- Fenfluramine for treating Dravet syndrome.
- Budesonide for treating eosinophilic oesophagitis.
- TYRX Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope for preventing infection from pacemakers and implantable defibrillators.
- Autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for treating multiple sclerosis.
- Esketamine for treatment-resistant depression.
Batch 61 block scoping report
Batch 61 topics
- Avatrombopag for treating thrombocytopenia in people with chronic liver disease needing an elective procedure.
- Risankizumab for treating chronic moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- Rivaroxaban for preventing major cardiovascular events in people with coronary or peripheral artery disease.
- Pegvaliase for treating phenylketonuria.
- Erythropoiesis stimulating agents for treating anaemia in people with myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Andexanet alfa for reversing anticoagulation.
Batch 60 block scoping report
Batch 60 topics
- LentiGlobin for treating transfusion-dependent beta-thalassaemia.
- Lanadelumab for the long-term prevention of angioedema attacks in hereditary angioedema types I and II.
- Pentosan polysulfate sodium for treating bladder pain syndrome.
- Fremanezumab for preventing migraine.
- Canakinumab for preventing cardiovascular events after myocardial infarction in people with raised high-sensitivity C-reactive protein.
- Avacopan for inducing remission in anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.
- Sapropterin for treating phenylketonuria.
- Rituximab for maintenance treatment of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.
- Fingolimod - oral for multiple sclerosis; relapsing remitting, in paediatric patients aged 10-17 years first line.
- Drug-eluting beads loaded with irinotecan for treating liver metastases in colorectal cancer.
- Drug-eluting beads loaded with doxorubicin for treating hepatocellular carcinoma.
Batch 59 block scoping report
Batch 59 topics
- Selective internal radiation therapies for treating hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Lusutrombopag for treating thrombocytopenia in people with chronic liver disease needing elective surgery.
- Intravenous zanamivir for treating influenza in hospital.
- Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin type A for treating chronic sialorrhea.
- Ozanimod for treating relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Batch 58 block scoping report
Batch 58 topics
- Tezacaftor and ivacaftor combination therapy for treating cystic fibrosis with the F508del mutation.
- Cannabidiol for adjuvant treatment of seizures associated with Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Patiromer for treating hyperkalaemia.
- Dupilumab for treating uncontrolled asthma.
- Sodium zirconium cyclosilicate for treating hyperkalaemia.
- NBTXR-3 for treating soft tissue sarcoma.
Batch 57 block scoping report
Batch 57 topics
- Dapagliflozin, empagliflozin and sotagliflozin, in combination with insulin, for treating type 1 diabetes.
- Tofacitinib for treating active psoriatic arthritis following disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.
- Tofacitinib for moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis.
- Mepolizumab for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Certolizumab pegol for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Batch 56 block scoping report
Batch 56 topics
- Lifitegrast for treating dry eye disease.
- Letermovir for the prophylaxis of cytomegalovirus infection in people who are sero-positive and have received an allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Cytomegalovirus-specific T-cells for preventing and treating cytomegalovirus infection after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Batch 55 block scoping report
Batch 55 topics
- Liraglutide for preventing cardiovascular events in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Ertugliflozin for treating type 2 diabetes.
- Naldemedine for treating opioid-induced constipation.
- Ixekizumab for treating active psoriatic arthritis following inadequate response to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.
- Eltrombopag for untreated severe aplastic anaemia.
- Mepolizumab for treating eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
- Caplacizumab for treating acute acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Erenumab for preventing migraine.
- Tildrakizumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Batch 54 block scoping report
Batch 54 topics
- Denosumab for treating glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis.
- Fluocinolone acetonide micro-insert for treating recurrent non-infectious uveitis.
- Benralizumab for treating severe asthma.
- Guselkumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- ATIR101 with haploidentical haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for haematological cancers
- Idebenone for treating Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Nusinersen for treating spinal muscular atrophy.
Batch 53 block scoping report
Batch 53 topics
- Dupilumab for treating adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis.
- Recombinant human parathyroid hormone for treating hypoparathyroidism.
- Brodalumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- Glecaprevir-pibrentasvir for treating chronic hepatitis C.
- Andexanet alfa for reversing anticoagulation.
Batch 52 block scoping report
Batch 52 topics
velpatasvir- voxilaprevirfor treating chronic hepatitis C
- Bezlotoxumab for treating Clostridium
- Eculizumab for treating refractory myasthenia gravis
- Empagliflozin for reducing the risk of death from cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease
- Tocilizumab for treating giant cell arteritis
- Furosemide micro-pump for treating oedema associated with heart failure
- Sirukumab for previously treated moderate to
severeactive rheumatoid arthritis
Batch 51 block scoping report
Batch 51 topics
- Abatacept for treating active psoriatic arthritis following inadequate response to disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs
- Cx601 for treating complex perianal fistula in Crohn’s disease
Batch 50 block scoping report
Batch 50 topics
- Sarilumab for previously treated moderate to
severeactive rheumatoid arthritis
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation with Chondrosphere for treating articular cartilage defects in the knee
Batch 49 block scoping report
Batch 49 topics
- Masitinib for treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Ocrelizumab for treating relapsing multiple sclerosis
- Ocrelizumab for treating primary progressive multiple sclerosis
- Betrixaban for preventing venous thromboembolism in people hospitalised for acute medical conditions
alafenamidefor treating chronic hepatitis B
- Peramivir for treating influenza
- Baricitinib for treating moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Glycerol phenylbutyrate for treating urea cycle disorders
Batch 48 block scoping report
Batch 48 topics
- Aflibercept for treating myopic choroidal neovascularisation
- Anamorelin for treating cachexia and anorexia in people with non-small-cell lung cancer
- Cenegermin for treating neurotrophic keratitis
Batch 47 block scoping report
Batch 47 topics
- Dimethyl fumarate for treating moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis
- Midodrine for treating severe orthostatic hypotension
- Etelcalcetide for treating secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Ustekinumab for treating moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease after prior therapy
- Afamelanotide for treating erythropoietic protoporphyria
- Biotin for primary and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis
Batch 46 block scoping report
Batch 46 topics
- Etirinotecan pegol for treating breast cancer with brain metastases
- Ixekizumab for treating moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis
- Padeliporfin for treating localised prostate cancer
- Abaloparatide for preventing osteoporotic fractures in postmenopausal women
- Sofosbuvir and
velpatasvirfor treating chronic hepatitis C
- Palbociclib for treating advanced or metastatic, hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer
- MABp1 for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer
- APN311 for treating high-risk neuroblastoma
- Vosaroxin for treating relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukaemia
Batch 45 block scoping report
Batch 45 topics
- Erythrocyte encapsulated asparaginase for treating acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
- Ibrutinib for treating Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinaemia
- Rociletinib for previously treated locally advanced or metastatic, EGFR T790M -positive non-small-cell lung cancer
- Golimumab for treating non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis
- Ex vivo expanded autologous human corneal epithelial cells for treating moderate to severe limbal stem cell deficiency due to ocular burns
- Ixazomib citrate in combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone for relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma
- Teduglutide for treating short bowel syndrome
Batch 44b block scoping report
Batch 44b topics
- Grazoprevir–elbasvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- Ofatumumab in combination with chemotherapy for treating relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Pegaspargase for treating acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
- Eluxadoline for treating irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhoea
- Reslizumab for treating asthma with elevated blood eosinophils inadequately controlled by inhaled corticosteroids
- Lutetium-177 for treating unresectable, somatostatin receptor-positive
irinotecanfor treating pancreatic cancer after prior treatment with gemcitabine
Batch 44a block scoping report
Batch 44a topics
- Ramucirumab in combination with FOLFIRI for treating metastatic colorectal cancer after progression with bevacizumab, oxaliplatin and fluoropyrimidine
- Trifluridine in combination with
tipiracilhydrochloride for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer
- AZD9291 for previously treated locally advanced or metastatic, EGFR and T790M mutation positive non-small-cell lung cancer
Batch 43 block scoping report
Batch 43 topics
- Collagenase clostridium
histolyticumand potassium para-aminobenzoate for treating Peyronie’s disease
- Daclizumab for treating relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
- Everolimus, lanreotide and sunitinib for treating advanced or metastatic, unresectable
- Obeticholic acid for treating primary biliary cirrhosis
- Elotuzumab for previously treated multiple myeloma
- Pertuzumab for the neoadjuvant treatment of HER2-positive breast cancer
- Adalimumab and etanercept for treating severe, chronic plaque psoriasis in children and adolescents
- Ticagrelor for secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events after myocardial infarction
- Cediranib for treating relapsed, platinum-sensitive ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer
- Pembrolizumab for treating advanced or recurrent PD-L1 positive non-small-cell lung cancer after progression with platinum-based chemotherapy
- Masitinib for treating systemic mastocytosis
- Obinutuzumab in combination with bendamustine for treating rituximab-refractory follicular lymphoma
- Necitumumab for untreated advanced, metastatic, squamous non-small-cell lung cancer
- Crizotinib for untreated anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer
Batch 42b block scoping report
Batch 42b topics
- Paclitaxel formulated as albumin-bound nanoparticles in combination with carboplatin for untreated non-small-cell lung cancer
- Ramucirumab for previously treated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer
Batch 42a block scoping report
Batch 42a topics
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant and sirolimus intravitreal injection for treating
non-infectiousposterior segment uveitis
- Eltrombopag for treating severe aplastic anaemia following insufficient response to immunosuppressive therapy
- Methylnaltrexone bromide for treating opioid-induced constipation
- Lumacaftor in combination with ivacaftor for treating cystic fibrosis homozygous for the F508del mutation
- Azacitidine for treating acute myeloid leukaemia with more than 30% bone marrow blasts
- Idelalisib in combination with ofatumumab for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Aflibercept for treating visual impairment due to macular oedema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion
Batch 41 block scoping report
Batch 41 topics
- Secukinumab for treating ankylosing spondylitis after inadequate response to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or TNF-alpha inhibitors
- Cobimetinib in combination with vemurafenib for treating advanced (unresectable or metastatic) BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma
- Certolizumab pegol for treating rheumatoid arthritis after inadequate response to a TNF inhibitor
- Secukinumab for treating active psoriatic arthritis following inadequate response to disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs
- Certolizumab pegol for treating active psoriatic arthritis following inadequate response to disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs
- Mepolizumab for treating severe eosinophilic asthma
- Adalimumab for treating moderate to severe hidradenitis
- Nivolumab for previously treated advanced (unresectable or metastatic) melanoma
- Nivolumab for previously untreated advanced (unresectable or metastatic) melanoma without a BRAF mutation
- Nivolumab for previously untreated advanced (unresectable or metastatic) BRAF V600 mutation-positive melanoma
- Nivolumab in combination with
ipilimumabfor previously untreated advanced (unresectable or metastatic) melanoma
- LCZ696 for treating chronic heart failure
Batch 40 block scoping report
Batch 40 topics
- Bevacizumab for treating recurrent, or persistent, or metastatic cervical cancer
- Nivolumab for previously treated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer
- Lenalidomide for treating relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma
- Carfilzomib for treating multiple myeloma in people who have received at least 1 prior therapy
- Talimogene laherparepvec for treating metastatic melanoma
- Alirocumab for treating primary hypercholesterolaemia and mixed dyslipidaemia
Dinutuximabfor treating high-risk neuroblastoma
- Lesinurad in combination with a xanthine oxidase inhibitor for treating chronic hyperuricaemia in gout
Batch 39 block scoping report
Batch 39 topics
- Ruxolitinib for treating polycythaemia vera that is resistant or intolerant to hydroxycarbamide
- Bevacizumab for treating relapsed, platinum-resistant epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer
Batch 38 block scoping report
Batch 38 topics
- Ibrutinib for treating relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma
- Botulinum toxin type A for treating upper and lower limb spasticity associated with stroke
- Pembrolizumab for treating advanced melanoma previously untreated with ipilimumab
- Pembrolizumab for treating advanced melanoma previously treated with ipilimumab
- Evolocumab for treating primary hypercholesterolaemia and mixed dyslipidaemia (excluding homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia)
- Evolocumab, ezetimibe and lomitapide for treating homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Ramucirumab for treating advanced gastric cancer or gastro-
oesophageljunction adenocarcinoma previously treated with chemotherapy
Batch 37b block scoping report
Batch 37b topics
- Bortezomib for previously untreated mantle cell lymphoma
- Idelalisib for relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Ibrutinib for relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Nintedanib for treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Liposomal cisplatin in combination with chemotherapy for treating inoperable advanced
non smallcell lung cancer
- Liposomal cisplatin in combination with gemcitabine for previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer
- Vorapaxar for the secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events after myocardial infarction
Batch 37a block scoping report
Batch 37a topic
- Daclatasvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
Batch 36 block scoping report
Batch 36 topics
- Olaparib for maintenance treatment of BRCA 1 or 2 mutated, relapsed, platinum-sensitive ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancer in people whose relapsed disease has responded to platinum-based chemotherapy
- ABT-450/ritonavir/ombitasvir with or without dasabuvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- Sofosbuvir-ledipasvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- Ofatumumab for the maintenance treatment of relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Naltrexone-bupropion (prolonged release) for treating obesity and overweight
- Ceritinib for previously treated anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive
non- smallcelllung cancer
- Panobinostat for treating multiple myeloma in people who have received at least 1 prior therapy
Batch 35 block scoping report
Batch 35 topics
- Aflibercept for treating diabetic macular oedema
- Ipilimumab for the adjuvant treatment of completely resected stage IV or
high riskstage III melanoma
- Idelalisib for refractory indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Edoxaban tosylate for preventing stroke and systemic embolism in people with non-valvular atrial fibrillation
- Apixaban for the treatment and secondary prevention of deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism
- Edoxaban tosylate for the treatment and secondary prevention of deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism
Batch 34 block scoping report
Batch 34 topics
- Omalizumab for previously treated chronic spontaneous urticaria
- Ospemifene for treating postmenopausal
- Apremilast for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis
- Apremilast for treating active psoriatic arthritis
vedotinfor treating CD30-positive Hodgkin’s lymphoma after autologous stem cell transplant
- Cangrelor for preventing atherothrombotic events in people undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention or surgery
- TK cell therapy following haploidentical haematopoietic stem cell transplant for adults with acute leukaemia
- Thymosin beta-4 and ciclosporin for treating dry eye syndrome
Batch 33 block scoping report
Batch 33 topics
- Naloxegol for treating opioid-induced constipation
- Vinflunine for previously treated advanced breast cancer
- Ponatinib for treating chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Adalimumab and infliximab for treating moderately active Crohn's disease
- Vedolizumab for treating moderate to
severeactive Crohn's disease after prior therapy
- Enzalutamide for treating metastatic hormone-relapsed prostate cancer not previously treated with chemotherapy
- Faldaprevir in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for treating genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C
- Secukinumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis
Batch 32 block scoping report
Batch 32 topics
- Paclitaxel formulated as albumin-bound nanoparticles in combination with gemcitabine for previously untreated advanced pancreatic cancer
- Pomalidomide for treating relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma previously treated with both lenalidomide and bortezomib
- Nintedanib for previously treated locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer
- Vedolizumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis
- Obinutuzumab for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Simeprevir in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin for treating genotype 1 or 4 chronic hepatitis C
- Serelaxin for treating acute heart failure
Batch 30 and 31
block scoping report
Batch 31 topics
- ChondroCelect for repairing articular cartilage defects
- Empagliflozin combination therapy for treating type 2 diabetes
- Everolimus in combination with trastuzumab and vinorelbine for treating locally advanced or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer after treatment with trastuzumab and a taxane
- Nalmefene for reducing alcohol consumption in people with alcohol dependence
- Ofatumumab in combination with chlorambucil or bendamustine for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Pazopanib for maintenance treatment of epithelial ovarian, fallopian and peritoneal cancer
- Sofosbuvir for treating chronic hepatitis C
- Tolvaptan for treating autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
Batch 30 topics
- Paclitaxel as albumin-bound nanoparticles for the first-line treatment of metastatic melanoma
Batch 29 block scoping report
Batch 29 topics
- Lubiprostone for treating chronic idiopathic and
- Alendronate, denosumab, risedronate, strontium ranelate, teriparatide, and zoledronic acid for the prevention of osteoporotic fractures in men
- Collagenase clostridium
histolyticumfor the treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
Batch 28 block scoping report
Batch 28 topics
- Nimotuzumab for the first-line treatment of locally advanced and/or metastatic pancreatic cancer
- Masitinib for the treatment of unresectable or metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumours after treatment with imatinib
etexilatefor the treatment and secondary prevention of deep vein thrombosis and/or pulmonary embolism
- Regorafenib for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer following prior treatment for metastatic disease
Batch 27 block scoping report
Batch 27 topics
- Canagliflozin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Degarelix for the treatment of advanced hormone-dependent prostate cancer
- Enzalutamide for the treatment of metastatic hormone relapsed prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing regimen
- INTRABEAM Photon Radiosurgery System for the adjuvant treatment of early or locally advanced breast cancer
- Trastuzumab emtansine for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer after treatment with trastuzumab and a taxane
- Vortioxetine for the treatment of moderate to severe major depressive disorder
Batch 26 block scoping report
Batch 26 topics
- Lung cancer (non-small cell, EGFR mutation positive, locally advanced or metastatic) - afatinib
- Macular oedema (central retinal vein occlusion) - aflibercept solution for injection
- Multiple sclerosis (relapsing-remitting) - alemtuzumab, dimethyl fumarate, laquinimod and
- Melanoma (unresectable, advanced or metastatic BRAF V600 mutation-positive) - dabrafenib
- Melanoma (unresectable, advanced or metastatic BRAF V600 mutation-positive) - trametinib
- Bone metastases in prostate cancer (castration resistant) - radium-223 chloride
- Prostate cancer (metastatic, castration-resistant) - sipuleucel-T
- Psoriatic arthritis (active and progressive) - ustekinumab
Batch 24 and 25
block scoping report
Batch 25 topics
- Vintafolide in combination with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride for the treatment of folate- receptor-positive, platinum-resistant ovarian cancer
- Rituximab in combination with corticosteroids for the treatment of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis
- Ranibizumab for the treatment of choroidal neovascularisation associated with pathological myopia
- Everolimus for the prevention of organ rejection in allogeneic liver transplantation
- Masitinib for the treatment of advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer
Batch 24 topics
- Ocriplasmin for
first linetreatment of symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion
Batch 23 block scoping report
Batch 23 topics
- Mirabegron for the treatment of symptoms associated with overactive bladder
- Pertuzumab in combination with trastuzumab and docetaxel for the treatment of HER2 positive metastatic or locally recurrent unresectable breast cancer
- Everolimus for the treatment of advanced or metastatic HER2 negative, oestrogen receptor positive breast cancer
- Phentermine with topiramate for the treatment of obesity and overweight
- Tadalafil for the treatment of symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia
Batch 22 block scoping report
Batch 22 topics
- Bortezomib for induction therapy prior to
high dosechemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation and for consolidation therapy after autologous stem cell transplantation for the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Canakinumab for the treatment of systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Mipomersen for the prevention of cardiovascular events due to homozygous and severe heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Rivaroxaban for the prevention of adverse outcomes in patients after the acute management of acute coronary syndrome
- Tofacitinib for the treatment of moderate to
severeactive rheumatoid arthritis
- Zonisamide monotherapy for the treatment of partial onset seizures in epilepsy
- Bendamustine in combination with rituximab for the treatment mantle cell lymphoma (a formal referral recommendation for this topic was deferred from batch 15)
- Loxapine inhalation for the treatment of acute agitation and disturbed behaviours associated with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (a formal referral recommendation for this topic was deferred from batch 19)
Batch 21 block scoping report
Batch 21 topics
- Aflibercept in combination with irinotecan and fluorouracil-based therapy for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer which has progressed following prior oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy
- Aflibercept solution for injection for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration
- Axitinib for the
treatmentof advanced renal cell carcinoma after failure of prior systemic treatment
- Pegloticase for the treatment of hyperuricaemia in people with symptomatic gout
- Pemetrexed for maintenance treatment following induction therapy with pemetrexed and cisplatin for
non squamousnon-small-cell lung cancer
- Ruxolitinib for the treatment of myelofibrosis
- Dapagliflozin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Batch 20 block scoping report
Batch 20 topics
- Abiraterone acetate for the treatment of chemotherapy naïve metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer
- Apixaban for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in people with atrial fibrillation
- Bosutinib for the first-line treatment of Philadelphia
chromosome positivechronic myeloid leukaemia in the chronic phase
- Crizotinib for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer associated with an anaplastic lymphoma kinase fusion gene
- Denosumab for prolonging bone metastasis-free survival in castrate-resistant prostate cancer
- Lapatinib in combination with paclitaxel for the first-line treatment of HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer
- Rifaximin for the maintenance treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
- Romidepsin for the treatment of relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma
- Vorinostat in combination with bortezomib for the treatment of multiple myeloma in people who have received at least one prior therapy
Batch 19 block scoping report
Batch 19 topics
- Vemurafenib for the treatment of unresectable locally advanced or metastatic BRAFV600 mutation-positive malignant melanoma
- Ivabradine for the treatment of chronic heart failure
- Bevacizumab for the treatment of platinum-sensitive or partially platinum-sensitive recurrent advanced ovarian cancer (including fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancer)
- Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy for the second line treatment
onhuman epidermal growth factor 2 (HER 2) negative metastatic breast cancer
- Ridaforolimus for the maintenance treatment of metastatic soft tissue or bone sarcoma
Batch 18 block scoping report
Batch 18 topics
- Adalimumab for children and young people aged 6-17 with moderate to severe Crohn's disease
- Botulinum toxin type
A ofthe for the prophylaxis of headaches in adults with chronic migrane
- Lenalidomide for the maintenance treatment of multiple myeloma after autologous stem cell transplantation
- Lenalidomide for the treatment of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma
- Lenalidomide for the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes associated with deletion 5q cytogenetic abnormality
- Erlotinib for the first line treatment of EGFR-TK mutation positive non-small-cell lung cancer
Batch 17 block scoping report
Batch 17 topics
- Atrial fibrillation- vernakalant (recent onset- first line)
- Gout- canakinumab
- Hepatitis C (genotype 1) - boceprevir
- Hepatitis C (genotype 1) - telaprevir
- Prostate cancer (meta castration resistant)-abiraterone
- Venous Thromboembolism (prevention) hospitalisation - rivaroxaban
Batch 16 block scoping report
Batch 16 topics
- Pegaptanib sodium for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema
- Plerixafor for
heamatopoieticstem cell mobilisation prior to autologous stem cell transplantation in the treatment of lymphoma
- Plerixafor for
heamatopoieticstem cell mobilisation prior to autologous stem cell transplantation in the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Prolonged-release fampridine for the improvement of walking ability in multiple sclerosis
- Duloxetine for the treatment of chronic somatic pain
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty and percutaneous kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures
- Adalimumab for the treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis
(Rescoping to cover an application for a licence extension, not part of Batch 16)
Batch 15 block scoping report
Batch 15 topics
- Bevacizumab in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin for the first-line treatment of advanced and/or metastatic ovarian cancer
- Asenapine for the
treatmentof moderate to severe manic episodes associated with bipolar 1 disorder
- Rivaroxaban for the treatment and secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism
- S1 for the treatment of advanced gastric cancer
- Bendamustine in combination with rituximab for the first-line treatment of low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Tapentadol for the treatment of severe chronic pain
Batch 14 block scoping report
Batch 14 topics
- Diabetic macular oedema -
flucinolone acetonideintravitreal insert
- Lymphoma (relapsed or refractory follicular non-Hodgkin's)- bortezomib
Non Hodgkin's lymphoma (relapsed refractory, 3rd/4th line)- pixantrone dimaleate
- Osteoarthritis (2nd line) -
- Stoke prevention in atrial fibrillation - rivaroxaban
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (active seropositive) - belimumab
Batch 13 block scoping report
Batch 13 topics
- Cabazitaxel for the second line treatment of
hormone refractory, metastatic prostate cancer
- Retigabine for the adjunctive treatment of partial onset seizures in epilepsy
- Eribulin for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- Adalimumab for the treatment of acute exacerbations of ulcerative colitis
- Adalimumab for the treatment of sub-acute exacerbations of ulcerative colitis
- Pralatrexate for the treatment of relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma
Batch 12 block scoping report
Batch 12 topics
- Diabetic macular oedema - ranibizumab
- Leukaemia (acute myeloid) - decitabine (1st line)
- Leukaemia (chronic myeloid) - dasatinib (1st line)
- Lung cancer (non-small cell) - BIBW 2992
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - abatacept (2nd line)
- Chronic iron overload - deferasirox and deferiprone
Batch 11 block scoping report
Batch 11 topics
- Acute hypertension - clevidipine
Biopolar1 disorder - risperidone
- Chronic Iron
overload- defasiroxand deferiprone
- COPD- Roflumilast
- Cystic fibrosis-
- Depression - agomelatine
- Depression - quetiapine
- Generalised anxiety disorder - quetiapine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - pirfenidone
- Macular oedema (retinal vein occlusion) - dexamethasone
- Macular oedema with central retinal vein occlusion - ranibizumab
- Myocardial infarction - bivalirudin
- Obesity- lorcaserin
- Venom anaphylaxis - immunotherapy
Batch 10 block scoping report
Batch 10 topics
- Diabetes (type 2) - exenatide (long acting 2nd line in combination)
- Metastatic breast cancer - fulvestrant
hodgkin'slymphoma - bendamustine
- Multiple Myeloma - bendamustine
- Osteoarthritis- diacerein
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - rituximab
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia - bendamustine
- Urothelial tract carcinoma - vinflunine
Batch 9 block scoping report
Batch 9 topics
- Buccal insulin for the management of type 1 diabetes
- Apixaban for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in people undergoing elective knee and hip replacement surgery
- Apixaban for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in acute medical illness
- Aripiprazole for the treatment and prevention of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar disorder in children and adolescents