- Recommendation ID
Vegetation and street trees:- What factors influence how vegetation and street trees affect urban air quality?
- Any explanatory notes
Why this is important:- There is limited evidence on how vegetation and trees influence urban air quality and health outcomes. Information is needed because they are often used to address air pollution or for other purposes.
Research is needed on a range of factors including:
- impact of different species of vegetation and tree types
- impact of trees depending on where they are sited and how they are maintained
- impacts across the course of a year
- impact on health inequalities
- other potential health benefits.
Source guidance details
- Comes from guidance
- Air pollution: outdoor air quality and health
- Date issued
- June 2017
|Is this a recommendation for the use of a technology only in the context of research?||No|
|Is it a recommendation that suggests collection of data or the establishment of a register?||No|