- Recommendation ID
- How effective and cost effective are lifestyle weight management programmes available in the UK over at least at least 3 to 5 years, and ideally beyond 10 years. Specifically:
- Do short-term (12-week) interventions provide adults with the self-management skills they need to maintain weight loss in the long term?
- Are alternative approaches to weight management (such as approaches that focus on a healthy lifestyle, behaviour change and the prevention of weight gain rather than weight loss) effective and cost effective in the long term?
- How effective and cost effective are programmes for people of different ages, gender, sexuality or from different ethnic or socioeconomic groups?
- How effective and cost effective are programmes for specific population groups, such as adults with depression or with disabilities?
- Any explanatory notes
Source guidance details
- Comes from guidance
- Weight management: lifestyle services for overweight or obese adults
- Date issued
- May 2014
|Is this a recommendation for the use of a technology only in the context of research?||No|
|Is it a recommendation that suggests collection of data or the establishment of a register?||No|