- Recommendation ID
- What type of training and awareness-raising can improve how health and social care practitioners:
- promote vitamin D supplements among at-risk groups
- improve the local population's awareness of, and attitudes towards, vitamin D supplements
- uptake of vitamin D supplements?
- Any explanatory notes
- The research should aim to identify differences in effectiveness among groups, based on characteristics such as socioeconomic status, age, gender and ethnicity.Outcomes may include vitamin D status, user adherence or any unintentional consequences. The recommendations apply to all at-risk groups, but there is a particular need for research in people over 65, people with darker skin and people living in institutions.
Source guidance details
- Comes from guidance
- Vitamin D: supplement use in specific population groups
- Date issued
- November 2014
|Is this a recommendation for the use of a technology only in the context of research?||No|
|Is it a recommendation that suggests collection of data or the establishment of a register?||No|