We’re committed to supporting the delivery of the Five Year Forward View (5YFV). We’re also committed to supporting the priorities identified in the NHS Long Term Plan. These set a clear vision for health and social care across England. They outline ways to integrate and transform services, so they better meet the needs of the people who use them.
How we're supporting local partnerships
Local partnerships aim to help people:
- live healthier lives
- get the care and treatment they need, in the right place and at the right time.
Our resources are based on the best available evidence of what works and is cost-effective. They're designed to inform the development and implementation of plans.
In particular we:
- Explain what good services look like to help inform service and pathway redesign. We do this by producing evidence-based guidance and advice for health, public health and social care.
- Provide you with a ready made set of metrics for identifying gaps in service quality, measuring improvements and incorporating into local dashboards. We do this by developing quality standards and indicators for those providing and commissioning health, public health and social care services.
- Highlight the opportunity for improved financial efficiency by showing the resource impact of our guidance. You can use this to identify affordable and sustainable interventions.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact for each local partnership. They can provide a range of local support, including helping you find evidence-based guidance and metrics.