During the pandemic we have supported the system with our rapid guidelines and therapeutically critical guidance. From 1 June 2020 we're restarting publication of guidance not related to COVID-19.
As the NHS and wider health and care system starts to make arrangements for the next phase of its response to the pandemic, we will plan a phased restart to our publication of guidance. We'll publish finalised guidance as soon as possible. We'll give priority to other topics that support the system to return to normal working.
Topics prioritised during the initial stage
These guidance topics were identified as being therapeutically critical and kept to their planned publication dates. Further topics will now be prioritised.
- All appraisals involving a cancer medicine (apart from most Cancer Drugs Fund reviews)
- Andexanet alfa for reversing anticoagulation [ID1101]
- Caplacizumab for treating adults experiencing an episode of acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura [ID1185]
- Elexacaftor, tezacaftor and ivacaftor fixed dose combination therapy for treating cystic fibrosis with the F508del mutation [ID1661]
- Emapalumab for treating primary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis [ID1438]
- Entrectinib for treating NTRK fusion-positive solid tumours [ID1512]
- Larotrectinib for treating advanced solid tumours with TRK fusions [ID1299]
- Obinutuzumab with bendamustine for treating follicular lymphoma refractory to rituximab [ID1583]
- Lung cancer (non-small-cell, EGFR and T790M positive, metastatic) - osimertinib (CDF Review of TA416) [ID1577]
- Pembrolizumab for treating locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma after platinum-containing chemotherapy [ID1536]
- Sapropterin dihydrochloride for treating phenylketonuria [ID1475]
- Tafamidis for treating transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy [ID1531]
- Ustekinumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis [ID1511]
- High-sensitivity troponin for the early rule out of acute myocardial infarction
- Quantitative faecal immunochemical tests to guide colorectal cancer pathway referral for people with a change in bowel habit or abdominal pain
Interventional procedures guidance
Medical technologies guidance
Medtech innovation briefing
- Chest imaging artificial intelligence technologies
The situation is changing all the time and we'll continue to review our plans and update our stakeholders accordingly.