Do Not Do Recommendation
Do not offer rubefacients for treating osteoarthritis.
Do Not Do Recommendation Details
- Do not offer rubefacients for treating osteoarthritis.
Source guidance details
- Osteoarthritis (CG177)
- Published date:
- February 2014
- Paragraph number:
- Page number:
View all NICE do not do from this Guidance
- Do not refer for arthroscopic lavage and debridement as part of treatment for osteoarthritis, unless the person has knee osteoarthritis with a clear history of mechanical locking (as opposed to morning joint stiffness, 'giving way' or X-ray evidence of loose bodies).
- Do not offer intra-articular hyaluronan injections for the management of osteoarthritis.
- Do not offer glucosamine or chondroiton products for the management of osteoarthritis.
- Do not offer acupuncture for the management of osteoarthritis.