Do Not Do Recommendation
Do not use bone scintigraphy to monitor the response of bone metastases to treatment.
Do Not Do Recommendation Details
- Do not use bone scintigraphy to monitor the response of bone metastases to treatment.
- Bone scintigraphy
Source guidance details
- Advanced breast cancer (update) (CG81)
- Published date:
- July 2014
- Paragraph number:
- Page number:
View all NICE do not do from this Guidance
- Patients with tumours of known oestrogen receptor (ER) status whose disease recurs should not have a further biopsy just to reassess ER status.
- Patients with tumours of known human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) status whose disease recurs should not have a further biopsy just to reassess HER2 status.
- Do not use PET-CT (Positron emission tomography fused with computed tomography) to monitor advanced breast cancer.
- For patients who are receiving treatment with trastuzumab for advanced breast cancer, discontinue treatment with trastuzumab at the time of disease progression outside the central nervous system. Do not discontinue trastuzumab if disease progression is within the central nervous system alone.