Do Not Do Recommendation
Do not use gammahydroxybutyrate (GHB) for the treatment of alcohol misuse.
Do Not Do Recommendation Details
- Do not use gammahydroxybutyrate (GHB) for the treatment of alcohol misuse.
- gammahydroxybutyrate (GHB)
Source guidance details
- Alcohol dependence and harmful alcohol use (CG115)
- Published date:
- February 2011
- Paragraph number:
- Page number:
View all NICE do not do from this Guidance
- Do not use blood tests routinely for the identification and diagnosis of alcohol use disorders.
- Do not offer clomethiazole for community-based assisted withdrawal because of the risk of overdose and misuse.
- Do not use antidepressants (including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors [SSRIs]) routinely for the treatment of alcohol misuse alone.
- Benzodiazepines should not be used as ongoing treatment for alcohol dependence.