10 June 2016
Broadway House, Tothill Street, London
The meeting will start promptly at 10:20 and is expected to finish at approximately 17:00
Please note that this agenda is subject to change prior to the meeting.
- Welcome and introductions – Part 1 only (open session)
- Code of conduct for members of the public attending the meeting – Part 1 only (open session)
- Declarations of Interest – Part 1 only (open session)
- Objectives of the day – Part 1 only (open session)
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) – Part 1 only (open session)
- 5.1. Introduction to topic
- 5.2. Committee questions to topic experts
- 5.3. Review and discussion of the clinical evidence
- 5.4. Review Question 1: What is the clinical and cost-effectiveness of using the following strategies for identifying people with FH:
- Primary care electronic databases to identify people with:
- History of early Myocardial Infarction (MI) (<60 years) and Total cholesterol (TC) measurement.
- Family history of ischemic heart disease and hypercholesterolemia or;
- Secondary care electronic databases:
- Within cardiac care facilities or cardiac investigation units to identify people with history of early MI (<60 years) and TC measurement or
- Within pathology departments to identify people through pathology databases with history of early MI (<60 years) and TC measurement or;
- Direct and Indirect cascade testing (including reverse cascade testing)?
- Equalities impact assessment
- 6. Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) – Part 1 only (open session)
- Review and discussion of the clinical evidence continued – Part 1 only (open session)
- Draft recommendations – Part 2 only (closed session)
- 7. Next steps and any other business – Part 1 only (open session)
Date, time and venue of next meeting: 5 September 2016 10am, NICE offices Manchester
Please note all timings are approximate.
To print this agenda, please right click and select ‘Print’ from the menu
You will receive an automated email response when you submit the registration form. If you do not receive this automated response your registration request has not been received, and you will need to complete and submit the registration form again.
The closing date for registration is Thursday 26 May 2016. Please note that it may not be possible to accept late registration requests.
Should you have any queries regarding attending this meeting, please contact the Meetings in Public Coordinator Josh South.
Please note that registrants wishing to conduct a research study on the committee meeting and/or NICE processes will require prior permission and should contact NICE Enquiry Handling by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about conducting research is also available in our Common Questions and Answers about meetings in public document.
Registration period: 12 to 26 May 2016
Registration is closed.