24 July 2020
The meeting will take place via Zoom, a secure web conferencing tool.
The meeting will run from 09.00 to 17:00. Joining times for each topic and further instructions will be sent once registration has closed and your place is confirmed
Please note that this agenda is subject to change prior to the meeting.
- Welcome and introduction to format of meeting – Part 1 only (open session)
- Code of conduct for members of the public attending the meeting – Part 1 only (open session)
- Apologies – Part 1 only (open session)
- Any other business – Part 1 only (open session)
- Medical technology evaluation of SEM Scanner 200 for pressure ulcer prevention
Medical technology evaluation of the PLASMA system for transurethral resection of the prostate
- 5.1. Declarations of interest - Part 1 only (open session)
- 5.2. Introduction by the Chair, Professor Peter Groves - Part 1 only (open session)
- 5.3. Presentation by the lead team, Professor Carl Roobottom and Mr Andy Thorpe - Part 1 AND part 2 (open and closed session)
- 5.4. Agreement on the content of the final Medical Technology Guidance (MTG) - Part 2 only (closed session)
6.1. Declarations of interest - Part 1 only (open session)
6.2. Introduction by the Chair, Professor Peter Groves - Part 1 only (open session)
6.3. Presentation by the lead team, Dr Avril McCarthy and Mr Julian Dunnett - Part 1 AND part 2 (open and closed session)
6.4. Agreement on the content of the Guidance Update of MTG23 - Part 2 only (closed session)
Medical technology evaluation of Zio XT for detecting cardiac arrhythmias (DHT pilot)
7.1. Declaration of interests – Part 1 only (open session)
7.2. Introduction by the Vice Chair, Professor Fiona Denison – Part 1 only (open session)
7.3. Presentation by the lead team, Dr Teik Goh and Dr Cynthia Iglesias – Part 1 AND Part 2 (open and closed session)
7.4. Agreement on the content of the final Medical Technology Guidance (MTG) – Part 2 only (closed session)
To print an agenda, please right click and select 'Print' from the menu.
Important information on how to register
- Click on the register link below and complete the registration form, selecting the topics you would like to observe.
- You will receive an automated email response when you submit the registration form. If you do not receive this automated response your registration request has not been received, and you will need to complete and submit the registration form again.
- Registration will close on Friday 10 July 2020.
- When registration closes you will receive confirmation whether you have been allocated a place or not. You must let us know if you intend to keep this place at least 5 working days before the meeting.
- We will add your registration details to the virtual web conferencing tool (Zoom) and joining instructions will be sent about 1-2 days before the meeting.
- We will not be able to accept any late requests or name changes after we have registered attendees for the virtual Zoom meeting.
Privacy statement - We use Zoom to host our web meetings. When you join a zoom web meeting, your name, email and IP address will be processed. We ask for this data to help facilitate the event and monitor attendance. If the web meeting you are attending offers an interactive poll or Q&A session, participation is not mandatory, however your name may be processed with your poll responses and questions. We store this information in Zoom for 6 months. Further information about how we manage personal data at NICE can be found on our privacy notice – https://www.nice.org.uk/privacy-notice
- Should you have any queries regarding attending this meeting, please contact the Meetings in Public Coordinator Sandra Robinson.
- Registrants wishing to conduct a research study on committee meetings and/or NICE processes will require prior permission. Contact the NICE Enquiry Handling team at email@example.com.
- Further information about conducting research is also available in our common questions and answers about meetings in public document.
Date and time of next meeting
The next meeting will take place on Friday 4 September, via Zoom.
Please note all timings are approximate.
Registration period: 26 June 2020 to 10 July 2020
Registration is closed.