26 November 2019
NICE, 10 Spring Gardens, London, SW1A 2BU
The meeting will start promptly at 10:00 and is expected to finish at approximately 13:00.
Please note that this agenda is final and is subject to change before the meeting.
- Welcome and introduction to format of meeting – Part 1 only (open session)
- Apologies – Part 1 only (open session)
- Any other business – Part 1 only (open session)
- Minutes from the last Committee meeting held on 29 October 2019 – Part 1 only (open session)
- Appraisal of Peginterferon beta-1a for treating relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis [ID1521]
- 5.1. Declarations of interest – Part 1 only (open session)
- 5.2. Introduction by the Chair, Dr Amanda Adler – Part 1 only (open session)
- 5.3. Presentation by the lead team, Professor John Cairns, Dr Sue Faulds and Mr Nigel Westwood – Part 1 AND part 2 (open and closed session)
- 5.4. Agreement on the content of the Appraisal Consultation Document (ACD) or Final Appraisal Determination (FAD) – Part 2 only (closed session)
The Technology appraisal (ID1440) for TYRX Absorbable Antibacterial Envelope for preventing infection from cardiac implantable electronic devices has been suspended. Medtronic have offered a Patient Access Scheme, however, NHS England recently provided feedback that this proposal could not be operationalised.
Consequently Medtronic requested NICE to suspend the Technology Appraisal while other options are explored.
To print an agenda, please right click and select 'Print' from the menu.
Date, time and venue of next meeting
The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 15 January 2020 - 10:00am at National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, 10 Spring Gardens, London, SW1A 2BU.
Please note all timings are approximate.
How to register
- Click on the register link below and complete the registration form, selecting the topics you would like to attend.
- You will receive an automated email response when you submit the registration form. If you do not receive this automated response your registration request has not been received, and you will need to complete and submit the registration form again.
- Registration will close on Wednesday 19 November 2019. Please note that it may not be possible to accept late requests.
- Should you have queries regarding attending this meeting, please contact the Meetings in Public Coordinator Rosalee Mason.
- Registrants wishing to conduct a research study on committee meetings and/or NICE processes will require prior permission. Contact the NICE Enquiry Handling team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further information about conducting research is also available in our common questions and answers about meetings in public document.
Registration period: 06 to 19 November 2019
Registration is closed.