Who we're looking for
We're looking for chairs to lead several of our guideline committees over the next year. We welcome applications from skilled and experienced leaders with:
- a track record of chairing multi-professional committees or working groups at a national level
- a commitment to evidence-based practice or medicine
- experience of guideline development processes.
The National Guideline Alliance (NGA) will be recruiting for these roles, on behalf of NICE.
What the role involves
Between now and March 2019 we expect to start work on the following guideline topics:
- epilepsy in children
- children and young people with disabilities and severe complex needs
- infant, children and young people's experience of healthcare
- social work interventions for adults with complex needs (including adults with learning disabilities) and mental health needs.
Please note, this list is indicative and subject to change. Chairs will be allocated to a specific guideline following their appointment.
Time commitment: 2 years (from when the guideline starts).
How to apply
- Read information for applicants (PDF) for:
- role description and person specification
- expenses and how to claim
- recruitment and selection process.
- We need the following documents:
- A cover letter, explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification and your motivation for applying for the post.
- A short CV.
- Applicant information form - with details of 2 referees (Word doc).
- Declaration of interests form (Word doc) - make sure you've read our declaration of interests policy before you apply.
- Equality monitoring form (Word doc).
Attach those documents in an email and send to Offiong Ani at NGAapplications@rcog.org.uk.
Closing date: 12pm, Monday 21 May.
Declaring conflicts of interest
If you have a conflict of interest (financial or non-financial) relating to the committee’s work, we will not be able to take your application any further. Make sure you have read our policy before you apply.
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, contact Angela Bennett at email@example.com.
Our committees develop and update our guidance. They are made up of a diverse range of members